Swimming has been practiced from prehistoric times. The earliest evidence found dating back to Stone Age painting from around 10,000 years ago. The first book, “The Swimmer or A Dialogue on the Art of Swimming” was written by Nikolaus Wynmann, a Swiss professor of languages in 1538.
Being one of the most famous Olympic Games it also has been one of the most beneficial fitness activities in the world.
It is an excellent choice for cross fitness. It provides whole-body workout with negligible risk of injuries.
Benefits of swimming
- The whole body muscles strength: As I mentioned it above it is a whole body workout, every muscle of the body get strengthens while you do swimming. From top to the bottom it takes every body part to work while swimming regardless of which type of swimming you are doing.
- The best way to lose weight: It is said that if you do one hour of swimming it burn approx 600 calories. That sounds great, right? Yeah, it is true. And plus point is that you will not feel that much of exhaustion, the cause of fun that enjoy while you are in the pool.
- Risk free: And you don’t care about anything which is going to come across your activities unlike cycling and running, there you have to care about the car and other things while doing on the road.
- Swim is fun: You, depressed or bored? Pool is the best place to get your mind refreshed. You will feel relaxed.
- It improves your cardiovascular fitness: It keeps your heart rate up and working lungs. It makes the body to use oxygen more efficiently.
Style of swimming
Swimming has variety of techniques/styles to it. But there are four most recognized styles.
Disclaimer - This is only to promote fitness. No youtuber or any channel. We just share the videos which we found good with all the courtesy to the makers.